Hello internet land 🙂 Happy Holidays! I don’t like to cook, hunt down, or try new recipes until I know they do taste good but I have friends that do. Miss Amanda can bake like nobodies business. So are you wondering what deliriously delicious concoction is in Miss Amanda’s oven tonight?
If you would like more information on Miss Amanda, her Gravatar link is: Miss Amanda
The original recipe she is trying tonight she got from: Chockylit
Notes from the Baker:
These cupcakes look delicious and let you taste Christmas with every bite. I would recommend trying to bake them. Share them with friends, family or even the office. Yummy!
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cup butter, room temp
3 eggs, room temp
1 ts vanilla
3/4 cup eggnog
1/4 cup bourbon/dark rum (either/or)
2 1/4 cups flour
1 ts each baking powder & soda
1 ts cinnamon
1/2 ts allspice
1/4 ts nutmeg
1. Cream together sugar and butter until light and fluffy.
2. Beat in eggs until blended.
3. Mix together eggnog, bourbon, and vanilla.
4. In a bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, allspice, and nutmeg.
5. Alternate adding dry and wet ingredients into egg mixture mixing until combined.
6. Scoop into lined cupcake tins and bake at 350 for 20-22 minutes.
Eggnog Pastry Cream (Optional)
2 tbs all-purpose flour
1/2 cup eggnog
1 egg yolk
1 ts butter, softened
1/2 ts dark rum
1/2 ts vanilla extract
1. Place flour in a heavy sauce pan, gradually whisk in eggnog until blended and smooth.
2. Add egg yolks, whisking until just combined.
3. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, removing from the heat occasionally to avoid lumps, until thickened. If necessary strain through a metal sieve to remove lumps.
4. Remove from heat, stir in butter, rum and vanilla.
5. Transfer pastry cream to a bowl. Cover surface with plastic wrap, chill
Bourbon Caramel Cream Cheese Frosting
2 tbs brown sugar
2 tbs whipping cream
1 tbs butter
2 tbs bourbon
1-1/2 packages phili cream cheese, room temp
1/2 cup butter, room temp
4 cups confectioner’s sugar
1. Heat brown sugar, cream, butter, salt over medium high heat whisking until sugar is dissolved. Cook for another minute.
2. Pour in bourbon and stir to combine. Take off heat and let cool.
3. In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat cream cheese and butter until soft.
4. Add the confectioner’s sugar and beat to combine.
5. Add three tablespoons of the bourbon caramel (I used it all & there was a light bourbon flavor) and beat to combine.
1. Fill cooled cupcakes with pastry cream. I used a melon baller and scooped out the centers, filled up with cream, then put the tops back on.
2. Top with frosting.
3. Decorate as you wish or drizzle some leftover bourbon caramel sauce. I used cinnamon as decoration.